There are many reasons to join TD. Here's what we think makes us special and a great company to work for:
- We have a clear vision for our future - We are small but integral part of a large international bank, and we are expanding rapidly; we have shown repeatedly that we can achieve great things and it's important to us how we achieve success. We consistently achieve what we set out to do, normally within very tight timescales. We work very well as a team and try to always have fun.
- Our commitment to your career development - It is our aim that you continue to develop within your role through continuous learning, skills development and growth.
- Rewarding and Recognising individuals - Aiming to be the best, we want to offer the best and allow you to make choices to suit your lifestyle at every stage of your career. Read more about Rewards.
- Opportunities with us - view our current opportunities.
- The Selection process- We have a four stage selection process designed to assess your skills and talents against our available roles.
We also have great backing. When you join TD in the UK, you join a team of 85,000 employees around the world. We are part of the TD Bank Group (TD or the Bank), one of the world’s leading online financial services firms with CDN$620 billion in assets as of 31st October 2011. The Toronto Dominion Bank trades under the symbol "TD" on the Toronto and New York Exchanges.
Aiming to be the best, we want to offer the best and allow you to make choices to suit your lifestyle at every stage of your career.
More in your pocket:
- Competitive, benchmarked salary
- Competitive Bonus scheme arrangements
- TD Share Incentive Plan - with company matching contributions
- Subsidised canteen (site dependant)
- Childcare voucher scheme (saving Tax and NI)
- Give as you earn - (Tax free)
More peace of mind:
- Group Personal Pension Plan - with company contributions
- Long Term Disability cover which you can flex up or down
- Private Healthcare for management level roles
- Private Healthcare at preferential rates for self and family
- Life Assurance which you can flex up
- Discounted Dental Plan
- Preferential Personal Accident Insurance
- Health Screenings
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Preferential Travel Insurance cover
- Season Ticket Loans
More out of life:
- 22 or 25 days holiday, dependant on level
- Ability to buy and sell holidays
- Personal Account - with company matching subsidy
- Long Service Awards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Further discounts & offers through 'TDSelect Discounts'.
Employment Equity and Diversity at TD Direct Investing
TD is committed to ensuring equal opportunities and fair treatment in the workplace for all its staff. We are committed to maintaining a working environment in which all staff feel comfortable and in which everyone is treated with respect and dignity, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, marital or family status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, creed, culture, religion or belief, age, disability or any other personal factor or quality.
At TD we believe that diversity needs to be more than just a policy in a handbook. We believe that our actions also need to support our words. In line with this we have developed a range of learning and development programmes which aim to increase awareness of diversity issues and promote equality throughout our business. Our commitment to diversity and equal opportunities is also reflected in our CSR work where we promote diversity not just in the workplace but also in the communities around us.
Employment equity means ensuring every employee is treated with dignity and respect in a work environment where the terms and conditions of employment are fair and non-discriminatory. It means identifying and eliminating barriers to employment opportunities to ensure that individuals are recruited, trained, developed, promoted and compensated according to their proven performance, ability and potential.
We believe that diversity is a key factor to our success in the competitive marketplace. By embracing people with a wide range of unique experiences and abilities we open the door to innovation and cultivate positive change, which makes our business stronger.
With this in mind we strive to build a culture of inclusion; one that respects and recognises the individual skills and perspectives of every employee and to create and succeed in a workplace where all employees have the opportunity to reach their full potential.
It is our aim that all employees continue to develop within their roles through continuous learning, skills development and growth. This is the key to our success and in order to achieve this we offer the following training courses:
- People Management Development Programme
- Coaching Skills
- Time Management
- Insight into Management
- Customer Service Training
In addition to the training programmes offered by the Learning & Development team each area of the business offers training and support for employees wishing to study for department specific qualifications. This includes for example, support in becoming a registered stock market dealer.
We frequently see many internal moves and promotions within our company. Vacancies are advertised internally on our intranet pages.