Advantages of Bed & ISA over a manual sell & buy back
Things to consider before giving a Bed & ISA instruction
- Your existing investments must be held in your Trading Account before the transactions can take place, so if you want to sell a certificated shareholding it must be deposited beforehand.
You must link your Trading Account and TD ISA beforehand - to do so, login and click 'My Profile > Link My Accounts'.
Market movement in the bid and offer prices may mean that we buy back more or less units/shares in your TD ISA than you originally held in your Trading Account.
- Selling your existing investments may incur a Capital Gains Charge - note that any gains may be covered by your Annual Exempt Amount.
- You cannot Bed & ISA international stock.
Bed & ISA Charges
- No commission is charged on the sale in your Trading Account but repurchase charges do apply
- For online requests your online commission rate is charged on the re-purchase in your TD ISA
- For telephone and postal requests the Telephone trades commission rate is charged on the re-purchase in your TD ISA
- Government stamp duty of 0.5% also applies to re-purchases of UK registered stocks
Complete our online Bed & ISA in 3 simple steps
You need to have a Trading account and a TD ISA that are linked
- Login to your Trading account and choose 'Bed & ISA Request' from the 'Payments/Transfers' menu.
- Select your accounts, check your remaining subscription, lookup existing holdings and complete the form.
- Preview and submit your instructions, and leave the rest to us.
Call us on 0345 607 6001 or complete and sign the Bed & ISA form.