TD has a proactive policy of supporting and investing in its local communities and environment, by providing time, resources and financial assistance to projects that will help bridge the gap between TD and the community. TD therefore supports:
- Agreed local charities each year.
- Local communities need for financial support.
- The giving of time by its employees through volunteer programmes.
We are committed to integrating social, economic and environmental interests with our long-term objectives, reflecting the values of all stakeholders in everything we do.
Making a Difference Together reflects the spirit of our community involvement at TD, as well as our efforts to be a responsible employer. We believe that everyone has a role to play in building a healthy and prosperous society - and as a company, TD is committed to playing its part.
Generous. Energetic. Passionate. Compassionate. These are some of the words that describe the outstanding community spirit of TD employees.
TD is proud to be able to support its employees make a contribution to their local community through volunteering programmes.
The Volunteering programme supports corporate volunteering. Whilst many volunteer activities take place after regular work hours, some may require time off during the working day.
Our employees devote countless hours, to help with literacy and reading in schools, as well as mentoring with older children.
Give back to our communities
Employees step up time and time again to participate in Team Challenges which help give back to our communities.
Employees enjoy working directly with charities and not-for-profit organisations, lending their skills and expertise to many of these groups in which they have a personal connection.
Fundraising and monetary donations
As the heartbeat of TD's community involvement, employees' spirit of volunteering comes to life in so many ways. Our employees raise thousands of pounds through fundraisers and their own personal contributions each year so the charities we support can continue providing valuable services. The company match all employee fundraising pound for pound.
Each year our employees get behind numerous causes and apply incredible enthusiasm to help improve the quality of life in their communities. They raise hundreds of pounds themselves for the causes TD supports and those close to their hearts, in turn, showing leadership and inspiring others with their example. They play a tremendous role by volunteering their time and talents, by acting as ambassadors of charitable and not-for-profit organisations, and by donating much needed money collected through hundreds of fundraisers and personal contributions.
To encourage their commitment, we support employees' community involvement by:
- Providing employee time off for volunteering in the communities we serve.
- Giving grants to organisations for which employees volunteer through TD.
- Regular contact centre for Comic and Sport Relief.
TD supports employees who wish to do volunteer work within the community or for charitable institutions. Supporting volunteers helps the Company to build relationships with the local community and improve how it is perceived within it. Employees who do volunteer work can use the skills that they have developed at work to help the community, learn new skills, for example, leadership qualities, and improve their morale, physical health and work-life balance.
Types of volunteering supported
TD supports employees who are undertaking community or charitable activities including:
- Community care work.
- Environmental work and conservation projects.
- Fundraising for community projects or charities; and the administration of public events.
- Regular contact centre for Comic and Sport Relief.
The types of volunteering that will be supported are entirely at the discretion of TD.
- Assess the environmental impact of all past, current and likely future operations, and fully integrate environmental considerations and objectives into its business decisions.
- Minimise consumption of natural resources including energy, water and raw materials, as far as is economically practicable.
- Reduce the production of waste and develop effective waste management and recycling procedures, as well as disposing of unavoidable waste in such a way as to minimise its environmental impact.
- Develop and implement integrated logistics policies and encourage the use of environmentally friendly means of transport by staff.
- Raise awareness amongst members of staff through appropriate education and training, encouraging them to become more environmentally responsible.
- Work within the local community and with others to take into account their environmental concerns and develop and pursue environmental initiatives.
- Communicate this policy to employees, and consult with them to ensure that they take an active role in its implementation and review.
- Monitor and review its environmental performance and publish and communicate this performance to employees and other concerned parties.
TD and the Community
Giving back to our communities and finding new and innovative ways to do so is a source of pride for us at TD. It's incredibly important to us that we do our part to help strengthen local communities and positively impact the lives of the people who live in them.
Our leadership as a socially responsible company is showcased through many community investments and hands-on employee volunteering.
Three Focus Areas
Our community involvement focuses around 3 pillars:
- Literacy and education
- The well being of the community
- The environment
Make a Difference Together
Making a Difference is the driving force for TD's community giving commitment. It's about supporting and encouraging the tremendous community spirit of our employees.
With this we look to:
- Find opportunities to empower and collaborate with community members, charities, not-for-profit organisations, schools and others
- Be proactive to promote and address issues that matter to our stakeholders
- Build and maintain a vibrant, healthy community
Our combined efforts produce a far greater impact. We continue to see benefits from our community investments, particularly in schools, helping with children's literacy and numeracy, and also their outside environments.