Whether you're new to trading or you're more experienced, we aim to make the world of online investment easy and informative. Our goal is to give you the tools and information you need to make confident investment decisions.
What the online TD Trading Account offers
Free mobile trading app lets you quickly track open trade positions and manage your investments on the move. Trade, get quotes and manage your portfolio with a touch of a button.
New to Trading or new to TD Direct Investing? Placing a trade might be easier than you think. Take a tour and learn more about how to trade online with our trading demo.
More experienced Trader?
The Portfolio X-ray tool
lets you test your investment approach and understand the basic characteristics of your portfolio, including asset allocation, exposure to different investment styles, geographic regions and sectors.
Trading tailored to suit you
- Set up dividend reinvestment to automatically reinvest dividends received on eligible UK FTSE 350 stocks
- Flexible order types - market, limit, fill or kill and stop loss. Limit your potential losses with limit and stop loss orders by stating the price you wish to achieve before trading or specifying an exit point
- Access Morningstar research and monitoring tools to help you make your investing decisions
- Stockwatch is our virtual portfolio facility, which lets you try before you buy. You can create up to ten watch lists and see what gains and losses you could have made on them. It’s as realistic as an actual portfolio as it shows the bid /offer spread, total cost of assumed purchase and movements throughout the day
- Extended Settlement up to 20 working days (T+20). Buy orders for settlement greater than 3 working days (T+3) carry an additional charge of £3. This excludes buy orders of Unit Trusts and OEICs, Bed & ISA transactions and buy orders in a certificated account. See our Rate Card for full details
How much it costs
To trade online will cost a simple flat rate of £12.50 per trade. For more active traders, this rate automatically drops so you could pay as little as £5.95 per online trade depending on your trading activity.
We do charge a management fee that covers the on-going services you receive from us. Take a look at our rates and charges to find out more about this fee and how you could qualify to pay nothing.
How to apply for an account and get started
Applying for an account will take about 10 minutes, maybe a little longer if you’re using your mobile. You’ll also need to have a few things to hand before you start which will help to speed up the process
Your address details for the last 3 years
Your Debit card details
Your National Insurance Number
What else you need to know before you apply
Please take a look at the documents below which you need to read and understand before you apply. Further details are also available in the Terms of Service which you also should refer to before applying for an account.
All investments carry a varying degree of risk and it’s important you understand the nature and risks of the different investments available through TD Direct Investing. Please bear in mind that you may not get back the money you invest and you should not view the past performance of investments as a guide to their future performance. Read more about the risks of investing.
Your money and investments
Before applying for an account it’s important you understand how your money and investments will be held and the investor protection schemes that apply. We will hold your money in accordance with the FCA's client money rules and we may pool your investment with those of other customers. Read more about how we will hold your money and investments.
Conflicts of interest
We have a conflicts of interest policy that identifies circumstances that constitute, or may give rise to, conflicts of interest which pose material risk of damage to one or more of our customers. Read more about our conflicts of interest policy.
Open a TD Trading Account
Lines are open Monday to Friday 7.30am to 9pm and Saturdays 9am to 3pm
Return the form to us at Customer Accounts Dept., TD Direct Investing, Exchange Court, Duncombe Street, Leeds LS1 4AX