What does the TD Trading Account offer?
The TD Trading Account offers online and telephone dealing, with shares held electronically on your behalf through our Nominee Service. Your trades are automatically settled with funds either being credited to, or debited from your account.
How much does it cost?
Online trading is a simple flat rate of £12.50 per trade. this rate automatically drops for our more active traders - depending on your trading activity you can pay as little as £5.95 per online trade.
We do charge a management fee that covers the ongoing services you receive from TD Direct Investing. This fee (and the way you can qualify to pay nothing) can be found at our rates and charges section.
- Price Improvement - we automatically poll a number of market makers to obtain the best price available in the market at the time of trading your shares. This may provide an improved price than the one being quoted by the market.
- Flexible order types - market, limit, fill or kill and stop loss. Limit your potential losses with limit and stop loss orders by stating the price you wish to achieve before trading or specifying an exit point.
- NEW Dividend reinvestment allows you to automatically reinvest dividends received on eligible UK FTSE 350 stocks.
- Real time prices.
- Access to in depth company and fund research.
- Stockwatch - create virtual portfolios and keep track of profits or losses you could have made without risking your real money.
What you need to know before you open an account
Please make sure that you have read and understood all of the relevant documentation below.
Further details are also available in the Terms of Service which you should refer to before applying for an account
All investments carry a varying degree of risk. It's important that you understand the nature and risks of the different investments available through TD Direct Investing. You may not get back the money you invest and you should not view the past performance of investments as a guide to their future performance. Read more about the risks of investing.
Your money and investments
Before applying for an account it is important you understand how your money and investments will be held and the investor protection schemes that apply. We will hold your money in accordance with the FSA's client money rules and we may pool your investment with those of other customers. Read more about how we will hold your money and investments.
Conflicts of interest
We have a conflicts of interest policy that identifies circumstances that constitute, or may give rise to, conflicts of interest which pose material risk of damage to one or more of our customers. Read more about our conflicts of interest policy.
Summary of charges
Trading commissions start from £5.95 depending on how often you trade. Our standard online rate is £12.50 and it will cost more for trades on non-UK markets.
Administration fees may also apply depending on how often you trade, the value of assets you hold with us and whether you hold a tax efficient account.
If you hold funds a platform fee will apply. If you move your stock, closure fees and transfer out charges will apply. See our Rate Card for full details.
Open a TD Trading Account
Lines are open Monday to Friday 7.30am to 9pm and Saturdays 9am to 3pm
Return the form to us at Customer Accounts Dept., TD Direct Investing, Exchange Court, Duncombe Street, Leeds LS1 4AX