A TD SIPP gives you the accessibility and range of investments to manage your retirement portfolio using the award winning TD Direct Investing website.
- You can research, buy and sell online as well as make contributions and view your portfolio and its current value at any time.
- You can test your investment approach using the Portfolio X-Ray.
- You have a wide selection of UK and International equities, ETFs, gilts and bonds to choose from.
- You can also choose Unit Trusts and OEICs from the UK's top fund providers, many with initial sales charges from 0%. There may be a Fund Manager charge, which is a percentage of the value of your investment. This can differ depending on the fund.
- When trading internationally you have the flexibility to hold cash in 9 different currencies, and easily move currency through a simple online foreign currency exchange transaction
- You can invest in selected investment types on a monthly basis automatically within your TD SIPP with our Regular Investing option.
The TD SIPP allows you to invest in the following investments:
- UK Listed Equities
- AIM Securities
- Overseas Equities
- Warrants and Covered Warrants
- Convertible Securities
- Crest Depository Interests (CDIs)
- PIBS (Permanent Interest Bearing Shares)
- Investment Trusts
- Government Stock (Gilts)
- Fixed Interest Stock, Corporate Bonds, Debentures
- Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)
- Exchange Traded Commodities
- Unit Trusts
- Cash in nine currencies
Decision Making Tools
With a TD SIPP you have 24/7 access to market information and research tools provided by Morningstar, including tools like:
In addition we provide Morningstar research and charting on UK and International equities, Funds and ETFs.
What you need to know before you open an account
Please make sure that you have read and understood all of the relevant documentation below.
Further details are also available in the Terms of Service which you should refer to before applying for an account
All investments carry a varying degree of risk. It's important that you understand the nature and risks of the different investments available through TD Direct Investing. You may not get back the money you invest and you should not view the past performance of investments as a guide to their future performance. Read more about the risks of investing.
Your money and investments
Before applying for an account it is important you understand how your money and investments will be held and the investor protection schemes that apply. We will hold your money in accordance with the FSA's client money rules and we may pool your investment with those of other customers. Read more about how we will hold your money and investments.
Conflicts of interest
We have a conflicts of interest policy that identifies circumstances that constitute, or may give rise to, conflicts of interest which pose material risk of damage to one or more of our customers. Read more about our conflicts of interest policy.
Summary of charges
Trading commissions start from £5.95 depending on how often you trade. Our standard online rate is £12.50 and it will cost more for trades on non-UK markets.
If you hold funds a platform fee will apply. If you move your stock transfer out charges will apply. See our Rate Card for full details.
Key Features Illustration
When applying online you will be asked to produce a Key Features Illustration, which gives you important information to help you decide if the TD SIPP is right for you. You will be taken to AJ Bell's website to do this. Before applying online you can take a look at AJ Bell's Illustration website and read the Key Features Illustration fact sheet and Key Features Document.
Open a TD SIPP
Lines are open Monday to Friday 7.30am to 9pm and Saturdays 9am to 3pm
Return the form to us at Customer Accounts Dept., TD Direct Investing, Exchange Court, Duncombe Street, Leeds LS1 4AX