We offer an account to suit every need for you, your friends, family and business. Please see the expandable list below for account information.
Investment Club Account
An Investment Club is a group of people who get together to pool their money and then invest collectively in the stock market. Together Investment Club members can limit their personal risks, while still investing in the stock market. For more information, please call Customer Services on 0345 607 6001.
Download the Investment Club Account application form.
At a glance all accounts offer:
- Investment options: UK equities, bonds & gilts, investment trusts, unit trusts & OEICs and Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs).
- Online trading commission rates start from just £5.95 for active traders. View full rates and charges.
- Online and/or telephone trading.
- Access to Markets and research, company news and information.
- Holds your shares in nominee freeing you from a lot of paperwork.
- Trades settled automatically when funds held in the Cash Management Services account.
- We collect your dividends and provide yearly tax summaries.
- Electronic statements and contracts available.
A company Account allows you to trade in the name of a UK Limited Company. It offers the same benefits as a Trading Account trade online or by telephone in a diverse range of investments such as UK and international equities, funds, warrants and securitised derivatives such as covered warrants. Two named people are able to trade on the account.
Download the Company Account application form.
Offshore Trading Account
TD Direct Investing International is the offshore online broker for TD Direct Investing. Based in Luxembourg, TD Direct Investing International offers trading facilities to international and expatriate investors worldwide.
- A multi-currency investment platform in GBP, EURO, USD, CAD, AUD, HKD, SGD, SEK and CHF.
- Realtime, online access to 12 international exchanges in the UK, North America, Europe and Asia.
- Commissions from €19.60 per trade.
Read more about Offshore Trading and open an account.
What you need to know before you open an account
Please make sure that you have read and understood all of the relevant documentation below.
Further details are also available in the Terms of Service which you should refer to before applying for an account
All investments carry a varying degree of risk. It's important that you understand the nature and risks of the different investments available through TD Direct Investing. You may not get back the money you invest and you should not view the past performance of investments as a guide to their future performance. Read more about the risks of investing.
Your money and investments
Before applying for an account it is important you understand how your money and investments will be held and the investor protection schemes that apply. We will hold your money in accordance with the FSA's client money rules and we may pool your investment with those of other customers. Read more about how we will hold your money and investments.
Conflicts of interest
We have a conflicts of interest policy that identifies circumstances that constitute, or may give rise to, conflicts of interest which pose material risk of damage to one or more of our customers. Read more about our conflicts of interest policy.
Summary of charges
Trading commissions start from £5.95 depending on how often you trade. Our standard online rate is £12.50 and it will cost more for trades on non-UK markets.
Administration fees may also apply depending on how often you trade, the value of assets you hold with us and whether you hold a tax efficient account.
If you hold funds a platform fee will apply. If you move your stock, closure fees and transfer out charges will apply. See our Rates and Charges full details.
Call to open an account
Call 0800 138 1900
Call +44 (0) 113 346 2309
TD Direct Investing International
Call +352 2603 2003
Lines are open Monday to Friday 7.30am to 9pm and Saturdays 9am to 3pm