TD CUSTOMERS TURN TO THEIR MOBILES TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF FREE PURCHASE OFFER
TD Direct Investing (TD) customers are switching on their mobiles to take advantage of 1,000s of commission free online and mobile purchases when they open a new Trading, ISA or SIPP account.
Since TD’s offer of 10,000 commission free purchases opened in January approx. one in 10 (10%) of the free purchases have been executed by customers on the award-winning TD Trading App, with mobile users trading on average twice as much as online users.
Generally the top three stocks purchased by TD customer’s across all channels have been Tesco, Lloyds Banking Group and Royal Bank of Scotland and the buy : sell ratio of the top ten stocks traded by TD customers has been 1.6 : 11.
The top three funds bought by customers have been Aberdeen Emerging Markets, Invesco Perpeptual High Income and First State Global Emerging Markets Leaders2. As we look ahead to the end of the current tax-year, it is also interesting to note that 43% of new accounts opened during the campaign have been TD’s tax-efficient ISA and SIPP accounts3.
Stuart Welch, CEO, TD Direct Investing comments: “It is great that so many people have opted to take advantage of our offer to kick start their portfolio by utilising the TD Trading App, which allows customers to trade on their Trading, ISA and SIPP accounts.
“TD’s ISA and SIPP accounts also offer customers the ability to trade in a tax efficient investment and we have seen some notably large trades as a result of our commission free offer on purchases.”
There is still time to take advantage of TD’s free purchase offer, which is available to both new and existing customers who open a new account (Trading, ISA or SIPP) before 14th February 2012 (the free purchases are available until 29th February 2012). The offer is limited to 10,000 buys across all qualifying accounts on a first come, first served basis and applies to UK and International trades made online at www.tddirectinvesting.co.uk or via the TD Trading App for iPhone and iPod touch4.
The value of your investments can go down as well as up. You may not get back all the funds that you invest.
For more information customers can log on to www.tddirectinvesting.co.uk
For further information journalists should contact:
TD Direct Investing Press Office:
Karen Garner, Senior Manager, Media Relations, TD Direct Investing: +44 (0) 113 346 2946 e: email@example.com
Nicola Dyer, PR Officer, TD Direct Investing : +44 (0) 113 346 2849 e : firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorrel Beynon, Edelman +44 (0) 20 3047 2368 e: email@example.com
Sonia Afzal, Edelman t : +44 (0) 20 3047 2371 e: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Debenham, Edelman t: +44 (0) 20 3047 2390 e: email@example.com
Notes to editors
1: During the period of 28th-31st January 2012. The Top Ten Buys and Sells should not be taken as a recommendation to buy or sell any particular bond or stock, and it is not intended to offer any form of advice. Instead it is simply an indication of the general buying and selling trends amongst some TD Direct Investing customers, observed during the period stated.
2: Up to the 31st January 2012. The Most Popular Funds should not be taken as a recommendation to buy or sell any particular fund, and it is not intended to offer any form of advice. Instead it is simply an indication of the general buying and selling trends amongst some TD customers, observed during the period stated.
3: Please note the tax treatment of these products depends on the individual circumstances of each customer and may be subject to change in the future.
4: The specific terms and conditions, detailed below, apply to this offer:
1. You must complete a new account application and agree to the TD Direct Investing Customer Terms of Service. The Customer Terms of Service will govern the relationship between you and TD Direct Investing. If there is any ambiguity between the Customer Terms of Service and these specific terms listed below, the terms below will take priority.
2. Offer only open to new customers who are private individuals resident in the UK who open a Trading, Trading Plus, Trading ISA or TD SIPP account between 14th January 2012 and 14th February 2012 inclusive.
3. Offer open to existing customers of TD Direct Investing who open a new account of a different type in the same name, e.g. A customer who has a Trading Account would qualify for online commission-free purchases on a new Trading ISA or TD SIPP, but not if they open a new Trading Account.
4. Offer not open to:
a. any customer opening a duplicate of an existing account type in the same name with TD Direct Investing;
b. any customer who has closed an account with TD Direct Investing in the 30 days preceding a new application;
c. any staff of TD Direct Investing, TD Wealth Institutional or Internaxx;
d. anyone who is not a UK resident.
5. This offer does not apply to managed funds, Regular Investing trades, Dividend reinvestment, Financial Spread Trading or CFD trades.
6. Offer applies to online and mobile purchases only and are limited to a total of 10,000 online and mobile purchases between 14th January and 29th February 2012 across all new accounts that qualify for the offer. If the 10,000 free purchases have been used before the 29th February 2012 you will be required to pay the frequent trader commission rate for all purchases and sales from the point at which the limit has been reached and the 29th February 2012.
7. Online and mobile sales and all telephone trades will be charged at standard commissions as detailed on the TD Direct Investing Rates and Charges.
8. Your commission free online and mobile purchase offer will start from when your application is accepted and your account is opened and will run until the 29th February 2012. Once your free online and mobile purchase offer has ended you will be required to pay the commission rates relevant to your trading activity. Please check the TD Direct Investing Rates and Charges for current commission charges that apply to the type of account you hold with us.
9. Normal stamp duty, FX charges and PTM levy still apply.
10. We reserve the right to withdraw the Offer at any time.
TD’s award-winning service:
• Financial Times/Investors Chronicle Awards:
o Best Mobile Trading App for the TD Trading Ap (winner 2011)
• Shares Awards:
o Best International Share Dealing Service (winner 2011 & 2010)
• YourMoney Awards 2011
o Best Online Share Dealing Provider for the sixth year in a row (winner)
o Best Direct Share Dealing Provider for the fourth year in a row (winner)
• MoneyAM Online Finance Awards 2011
o Best Online Execution-Only Broker (winner for the second year in a row)
o Best Online Overseas Trading Platform (winner)
About TD Direct Investing:
TD Direct Investing is one of the UK’s leading execution-only brokers, servicing approx 200,000 UK customers with over £3.77 billion in customer assets (stocks and cash) under management.
TD Direct Investing is a subsidiary of the TD Bank Group. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, with more than 85,000 employees in offices around the world, The Toronto-Dominion Bank and its subsidiaries are collectively known as TD Bank Group (TD). TD offers a full range of financial products and services to approximately 20.5 million customers worldwide with client assets of CDN$733 billion (as at 31 October 2011).
Brokerage Services provided by TD Direct Investing (Europe) Limited (a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank). Registered in England under No. 2101863. Registered office: Exchange Court, Duncombe Street, Leeds, LS1 4AX, United Kingdom. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA), 25 The North Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5HS, United Kingdom (FSA firm reference number 141282), member of the London Stock Exchange and the PLUS Markets. VAT Registration No. 397103051.
View the Press Releases archive » « Back to the Latest Press Releases page