To achieve these objectives, TD will:
- Assess the environmental impact of all past, current and likely future operations, and fully integrate environmental considerations and objectives into its business decisions.
- Minimise consumption of natural resources including energy, water and raw materials, as far as is economically practicable.
- Reduce the production of waste and develop effective waste management and recycling procedures, as well as disposing of unavoidable waste in such a way as to minimise its environmental impact.
- Develop and implement integrated logistics policies and encourage the use of environmentally friendly means of transport by staff.
- Raise awareness amongst members of staff through appropriate education and training, encouraging them to become more environmentally responsible.
- Work within the local community and with others to take into account their environmental concerns and develop and pursue environmental initiatives.
- Communicate this policy to employees, and consult with them to ensure that they take an active role in its implementation and review.
- Monitor and review its environmental performance and publish and communicate this performance to employees and other concerned parties.
How our CSR enhances shareholders value »
« Employee involvement